Sales Manager required
Good Chemistry Brewing is looking for an experienced Sales Manager with energy and enthusiasm to be part of an engaged and dynamic team and hit the ground running to help us achieve our expansion plans!
(Fancy joining the team but this isn’t the role for you? We’re also looking for a superstar Operations Manager – that role is here)
Kelly & Bob head up a small, close-knit team in Bristol, brewing a range of beer styles to cask, keg and can. Based in St Philips, at the heart of the East Bristol Brewery Trail, we are a fast-growing, award-winning independent brewery that cares deeply about building our community and creating good chemistry in its broadest sense.
We have developed a strong home market in Bristol over the last five years, built around some fantastic local customers. Your job will be to maintain and build on these relationships while developing markets and relationships outside of Bristol. We are looking for someone committed to our product and business, cheerful, positive and approachable, who is confident working independently. You are organised with a good eye for detail and are looking for the variety that comes with a job in a small business – you will really have the opportunity to make a difference here. The role may involve some travel and overnight stays, representing the brewery at events when these recommence.
- Manage all aspects of sales
- Contact trade customers with mailer and by phone
- Follow up leads and new openings
- Identify potential new customers
- Build local trade sales and national can sales
- Identify appropriate wholesale and distribution partners and negotiate agreements
- Set up new customers on Unleashed, obtain all new customer information and put payment agreements in place
- Maintain accurate customer records on Unleashed
- Input new sales to Unleashed
- Work closely with Operations Manager to keep on top of outstanding invoices and ensure orders are fulfilled as promised
- Liaise with Marketing and Production teams on new beer launches
- Organise and attend events, TTOs and tastings
- Attend and represent GCB at festivals and external events
- Organise staff training and tours for trade customers
- Visit customers regularly to build relationships and better understand their needs
- Manage installations and contracts
- Report on Sales performance, challenges and successes
- Work with Directors to set sales targets and strategy
- Keep on top of beer stock levels, forecast demand, and communicate stock position to brew team at weekly meeting to inform the brewing schedule
- A team player
- A passion and enthusiasm for beer, with an extensive knowledge of beer styles and the wider industry
- Collaborative working to ensure a cohesive approach between sales, marketing and brewing
- Attention to detail and an understanding that sometimes it’s the little things that matter
- Excellent written, listening and verbal communication skills
- Ability to set out sales strategies to meet growth targets in line with our brand values
- Analytical skills to interrogate and interpret sales figures
- An outgoing personality with the ability to build relationships and positively represent the business
- At least 2 years experience leading sales at a modern brewery
- Full clean driving licence, and over 25 years of age for van insurance purposes
This is a full-time position (40 hours a week). Salary starts at £26,000 and depends on experience. We would like you to start as soon as possible.
If you like what we’re doing, and this sounds like you, drop us a line to email@example.com with your CV and a brief cover letter about why you think you’d be a good fit with Good Chemistry. The closing date is Sunday 26th September.
We look forward to hearing from you.