Operations Manager required
Good Chemistry Brewing is looking for an Operations Manager to be part of an engaged and dynamic team and become our operations expert, to administer sales, deal with incoming email and telephone enquiries, organise daily outgoing deliveries, keep our inventory management up-to-date and accurate and generally keep things ship shape.
(Fancy joining the team but this isn’t the role for you? We’re also looking for an experienced Sales Manager – that role is here)
Maintaining our webshops will be a key responsibility, so some knowledge of Shopify would be helpful. We’ll expect you to have ideas for promotions and collaborations that will foster engagement, grow our audience and increase B2C sales. We will rely on you to keep our customers up-to-date on product availability, new beer releases and upcoming events, so Mailchimp experience would be good. Attention to detail and clear written and verbal communication skills are vital for a great customer experience. Organisation is key to multitasking, you will log incoming trade orders, invoice them, prepare the delivery schedule, book pallets and couriers, and chase outstanding payments.
Interest in the beer industry is essential, experience is ideal, including understanding our range of customers and their differing needs and wants. Good beer knowledge will help you to communicate with customers about our range – but this can be learnt on the job.
This is a role with a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities, requiring you to step away from the desk sometimes and muck in, including joining us at events and festivals. This is an important role at the heart of our growing business, and you will really have the opportunity to make a difference.
And there’s free beer too!
So, take a look at the full role responsibilities below and if you think this sounds like you, drop us a line to email@example.com with your CV and a brief cover letter. The closing date is Sunday 26th September.
We look forward to hearing from you.
This is a full-time position (40 hours a week). Salary between £22,000 and £27,000 depending on experience, as well as all the benefits you’d expect from an employer, like pension, holiday, tea & coffee & biscuits. We would like you to start as soon as possible.
- Manage administration and operations, including innovation and continuous improvement
- Maintain webshops B2B and B2C on Shopify
- Answer incoming phone calls to deal with enquiries and record orders
- Monitor Orders inbox, recording orders and responding to enquiries
- Write and send weekly mailer to consumer mailing list
- Log sales on Unleashed and prepare and send invoices
- Organise daily delivery schedule
- Prepare can orders and build mixed cases ready for dispatch
- Book courier collections and outgoing pallets
- Maintain stocks and reorder can labels, pumpclips, merch etc.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Social Media Team to plan promotions and competitions
- Monitor and follow-up on any unpaid invoices
- Monitor general enquiries inbox, replying and escalating to relevant people where necessary
- Monitor inventory levels and communicate with Brewing and Sales Teams
Your key skills
- A team player
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Attention to detail and an understanding that sometimes it’s the little things that matter
- Excellent written, listening and verbal communication skills
- Methodical worker able to prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Collaborative working to ensure a cohesive approach between sales, marketing and brewing
- Confident with IT and learning new systems
- If possible Shopify, MailChimp, Unleashed and beer industry experience