GOOD CHEMISTRY BREWING IS LOOKING FOR AN EXPERIENCED BREWER WITH ENERGY AND ENTHUSIASM TO HIT THE GROUND RUNNING IN 2021!
Kelly & Bob head up a small, close-knit team in Bristol, brewing a range of beer styles to cask, keg and can on a 10BBL kit. Based in St Philips, at the heart of the East Bristol Brewery Trail, we care deeply about building our community and creating good chemistry in its broadest sense.
We have developed a strong home market in Bristol over the last five years and with continued growth we are seeking an experienced brewer to join us and take on responsibility for brewing and packaging our beer. We’re looking for someone who shares our values, loves the process of making beer, knows the importance of getting the details right and seeks satisfaction in constant improvement. You have a good eye for detail, and are looking for the variety that comes with a job in a small business – you will really have the opportunity to make a big impact.
Previous brewing experience is an essential requirement for this role.
- Solo brewing – responsible for the whole brewing process, from weighing out ingredients to filling the fermenters.
- Testing and Record Keeping – complete fermentation tracking, forced fermentation tests, pH, DO, and any other testing required.
- Responsible for cleaning, purging and preparing tanks.
- Packaging of finished beer to keg, cask and can, with minimal oxygen pick-up.
- Working closely with the Head Brewer to ensure the production, packaging and warehousing of our beer meets the production schedule.
- Maintain clean and orderly brewery.
- Involvement in suggesting new beers and developing new recipes alongside continual improvement of existing recipes and processes.
- Focus on detail and accuracy.
- Punctual, with good time management.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including some weekend cellar checks.
- Willingness to take responsibility.
- A desire to contribute to the successful growth of one of Bristol’s up-and-coming breweries.
- The flexibility and willingness to pitch in in all areas of the brewery that is necessary in a small business.
- Collaborative working to ensure a cohesive approach between sales and brewing.
- Good verbal and listening communication skills.
- Full clean driving licence, and over 25 years of age for van insurance purposes.
This is a full-time position (40 hours a week). Salary starts at £26,000 and depends on experience. We would like you to start as soon as possible.
If you like what we’re doing, and this sounds like you, drop us a line to email@example.com with your CV and a brief cover letter about why you think you’d fit Good Chemistry. The closing date is Friday 18th June. We look forward to hearing from you.