Brewery Tap Bar Staff required!
GOOD CHEMISTRY BREWING IS LOOKING FOR TAPROOM BAR STAFF WITH ENERGY AND ENTHUSIASM TO JOIN OUR TEAM THIS SUMMER!
Kelly & Bob head up a small, close-knit team in Bristol, brewing a range of beer styles to cask, keg and can. Based in St Philips, at the heart of the East Bristol Brewery Trail, we care deeply about building our community and creating good chemistry in its broadest sense – and nowhere is this more important than our brewery taproom.
We are looking for people to work Fridays and Saturdays as well as potential additional shifts on Thursdays and Sundays to fit with events, at the brewery in St Philips.
This is an independent, hands-on role in a relaxed, friendly environment. The role will require a confident individual capable of discussing Good Chemistry Brewing beers, the brewery as a business, and trends in craft brewing in general. You will desirably have some experience in working behind a bar and cellar management (additional training will be provided to successful candidates).
- Serving beer (keg, cask and cans) plus cider, soft drinks, snacks and brewery merch. Initially this will be on a table-service basis alongside other COVID-security measures while restrictions remain in place.
- Ensuring great service to every customer who walks through the door.
- Cellar Management including responsibility of beer lines, beer styles, stock rotation, cleanliness of work area.
- Ensuring that the bar is functional, presentable and clean.
- Opening and closing the bar.
- Opening hours: Friday 5-9pm, Saturday 12-8pm, with additional time before and after for setting up and closing down
- These are temporary roles from the middle of May to the beginning of October when the brewery tap closes for winter. There may be other opportunities within the brewery during the summer and into autumn/winter if you are interested in this.
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge of all things beer, an understanding of the brewing process a bonus
- Great customer service skills
- Strong communication skills, both with customers and brewery management
- Confidence with the Good Chemistry Brewing brand (training will be provided to develop your knowledge of us)
- Ability to work well independently but also as part of a broader team
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Permission to work in the UK
- Desirable: Cellar management skills. Confidence dealing with different types of beer, changing kegs, increasing and reducing gas pressures, line cleaning.
Salary and Benefits: £9.50 per hour, cans to take home, tshirt to wear at work
We provide a COVID-secure working environment, with risk assessments in place and training on how to apply the relevant guidance.
Based at GCHQ, William Street, St Philips, Bristol BS2 0RG.
If you like what we do, and this sounds like you, drop us a line to email@example.com with your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you are right for this role. There isn’t a specific closing date, however we’re looking to open on Friday 21st May assuming the govt roadmap continues to plan.